Tuscarora Pre 1712 - Bronze and Wood
This life size sculpture is an original concept of a chief of the great Tuscarora. The Tuscarora's were located between the Roanoke and Neuse Rivers in Eastern North Carolina.
A devastating war in 1710 - 1712 drove the Tuscarora out of North Carolina to rejoin their Iroquois brothers in New York state.
The ancient name for Tuscarora is Tis - Skarurea, which means Hemp gatherer.